NEW DELHI: Registering over 60,000 instances in 24 hours for the primary time, India’s Covid-19 tally galloped previous 20 lakh on Friday, whereas the variety of recoveries surged to 13.78 lakh, in accordance with Union well being ministry information.
Here is a have a look at the highest developments —
- Overseas Citizen of India cardholders from the US, the UK, Germany, France to be allowed to go to India; extra international locations could also be included in future: Home Ministry
- India hockey captain Manpreet Singh and three different gamers check constructive for Covid-19 forward of nationwide camp in Bengaluru.
- Serum Institute of India stated it has entered into a brand new partnership with worldwide vaccine alliance Gavi and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to speed up manufacturing and supply of as much as 100 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines for India in addition to different low and middle-income international locations.
- “Vaccines can be priced at a most $Three per dose and made obtainable to as much as 92 international locations included in Gavi’s COVAX Advance Market Commitment. This collaboration underscores India’s proven-track document in growing protected and high quality vaccines,” stated Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance.
- India’s Covid-19 administration is marked by “two important achievements” of repeatedly rising restoration charge amongst Covid-19 sufferers and a case fatality charge that has remained a lot under the worldwide common, in accordance with the well being ministry.
- BCG vaccine is protected, doesn’t improve Covid danger, says Study. The examine in contrast teams of volunteers who’ve acquired a BCG vaccine previously 5 years (earlier than the corona pandemic), displaying that the vaccine is protected and presumably influences Covid-19 signs.
- While the overwhelming majority of energetic Covid instances in states like Maharashtra, West Bengal and Gujarat are concentrated within the large cities, in UP, Bihar, Odisha and Andhra Pradesh, the most important cities account for between 16% and 28% of energetic instances. This is a fear as a result of in each state the focus of well being personnel and infrastructure is within the giant city centres.
- The Kerala well being division has come out with the advisory on residence care of asymptomatic Covid-19 sufferers. The SOP for home-based administration of asymptomatic Covid-19 sufferers shall be determined by the district administration, which is able to determine relying upon the epidemic state of affairs prevailing within the district.
- Haryana Government exempts pregnant feminine workers working in State Civil Secretariat from attending the workplace and permits them to work at home.
- Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa continues to be steady since his admission on 2nd August 2020 for Covid-9. He is responding effectively to the remedy. His very important parameters are inside regular limits. He is snug, attending to his duties from his room: Manipal Hospital, Bengaluru
- Madhya Pradesh govt relaxes night time curfew by two hours, restriction now from 10 pm to five am; weekend lockdown partially lifted in coronavirus-affected districts of state.
- Pakistan authorities on Friday introduced the resumption of worldwide flight operations in any respect airports within the nation from August 09 as part of lifting coronavirus-triggered restrictions.
- Mexico’s coronavirus dying toll passes 50,000. The report from the well being division on Thursday introduced the nation’s collected dying toll to 50,517. That is the third-highest dying toll on this planet, behind solely the United States and Brazil.
- The United States has recorded over 160,000 deaths attributable to coronavirus until now, in accordance with information compiled by Johns Hopkins University. With 4,881,974 constructive instances, the US continues to be the worst-affected nation adopted by Brazil.
- New York City opened new traveller checkpoints Thursday to register guests and residents getting back from practically three dozen states who’re required to quarantine for 14 days — an initiative that drew swift criticism from privateness advocates.
- Hong Kong chief Carrie Lam says the semi-autonomous Chinese metropolis will provide free coronavirus testing for all its 7.5 million residents starting in two weeks.
- The Swiss federal authorities has struck a cope with Moderna to provide Switzerland with 4.5 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine if the U.S. biotech agency efficiently develops one.
- Pakistan’s day by day an infection charge has stayed underneath 1,000 for greater than three weeks, often dropping to 300 and prompting the federal government to additional ease restrictions with eating places, parks and even gyms opening subsequent week.
- The United Nations’ counterterrorism chief says a 350% improve in phishing web sites was reported within the first quarter of the 12 months and plenty of of them focused hospitals and well being care programs, hindering their response to the coronavirus pandemic.